Guidelines for Using Cannabis In a Safe and Mature Way
Like any substance, cannabis can be misused. And while there are numerous reasons to use cannabis, excessive or inappropriate consumption can contribute to problems including sleeplessness, overeating, time management issues and more. Due to the political climate surrounding cannabis use research, clinical studies have produced widely conflicting conclusions about the true benefits and potential side effects of cannabis. Always listen to the advice of your doctor and use good judgment when using cannabis.
These guidelines help those who use cannabis identify ways of accessing cannabis in a positive, safe and mature way.
- Adults should only use cannabis as part of a healthy, balanced, and responsible lifestyle.
- The decision to use cannabis should be made freely, and not as a result of social pressure.
- Cannabis users should be well informed about its effects on themselves and others. These effects can include legal risks, health and wellness risks, and personal consequences.
- Never use cannabis as an excuse for antisocial or irresponsible behavior.
- Cannabis users should model and reward responsible use, particularly with new users.
- Develop sensible cannabis use limits for yourself based on personal, health, medical, situational, and cultural factors. It is important to be objective about your personal cannabis use and listen to the constructive advice of others.
- Avoid cannabis use that puts you or others at risk, such as when driving, at work, or in public places. Remember, cannabis use is a personal choice and should not be imposed upon the rest of the community.
- Use of cannabis by children is inappropriate.
- Cannabis use should contribute to, rather than detract from, a patient’s health, wellness, creativity, work relationships, and social obligations.
Continue browsing our site for more information on the responsible use of cannabis, or visit our Oakland or San Jose locations to discuss your individual wellness needs, and access cannabis in a safe environment.